Community benefits and investment
The proposed development will deliver significant benefits to new and existing residents as well as investment in the local area to help it grow successfully and sustainably.
The key community benefits include:
- Re-energising the Haven Banks retail park to create a vibrant and sustainable new neighbourhood to bring activity back to the site.
- Delivering much-needed new homes for Exeter across a range of types and tenures.
- Creating new high-quality public realm running through the centre of the site.
- Creating new areas of green space for people to spend time in.
- Delivering new landscaping with new trees, plants and wildflowers.
- Providing new sustainable transport links with pedestrian and cycle routes through the site.
- Creating opportunities for new public art to be displayed on the site.
- Providing ground floor retail space for new local shops, cafés and restaurants.
- Coplan Estates and Welbeck CP will also be contributing towards public transport improvements, other pedestrian and cycle measures and community facilities as part of the Section 106 agreement.
Public drop-in events
We’re holding two events for the local community to find out more about the proposals and ask any questions to the team.
Where: Haven Banks Outdoor Education Centre, Haven Road, EX2 8DP
- Friday 13 May; 12pm-5pm
- Saturday 14 May; 10am-3pm
You can drop-in at any point during the events.