The consultation is now closed and the planning application has now been submitted. Thank you to everyone who provided comments on the proposals. All feedback submitted during the consultation was considered by the project team and used to inform the final proposals.
We hosted a public consultation on the draft plans for Haven Banks Retail Park between 12 and 26 May 2022, including two public drop-in events on 13 and 14 May.
Thank you to everyone who came along and provided comments on the draft proposals either at the events or online.
All feedback submitted during the consultation period was reviewed and considered by the project team before the planning application was submitted to Exeter City Council.
Design changes following consultation
The feedback we received helped us to finalise our proposals and influenced a number of design changes. Some of the key design changes implemented in response to feedback raised during the consultation include:
- Reorganising a number of window positions to ensure that there will be no loss of privacy to neighbouring properties.
- Removing a number of roof terraces and adding additional screening to those which are retained to ensure no overlooking into neighbouring windows or gardens.
- Adjusting the design of block A (the block on Haven Road facing the quayside), including reducing in scale, stepping and setting back on the second, third and fourth storeys. A new gable feature has been incorporated to reflect the character of the canal basin and the more historic architecture of adjacent buildings.
- Doubling the number of car club spaces.
How we responded to feedback
Our planning application is supported by a comprehensive Statement of Community Engagement (SCE) which outlines how we engaged, who we engaged with and the feedback received during the consultation. It includes a detailed summary of all the key themes that were raised in feedback and provides a response to each.
You can find the SCE in the document list of the planning application (reference 22/1145/FUL on Exeter City Council’s planning portal).
If you have any questions about our proposals or planning application, please contact us using the details on the Contact page.
Public drop-in events
We’re holding two events for the local community to find out more about the proposals and ask any questions to the team.
Where: Haven Banks Outdoor Education Centre, Haven Road, EX2 8DP
- Friday 13 May; 12pm-5pm
- Saturday 14 May; 10am-3pm
You can drop-in at any point during the events.